Service Solutions for PRI Signatories
The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) initiative is an international network of investors working together to put the United Nations’ six Principles for Responsible Investment into practice. The PRI works in partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEPFI) and UN Global Compact (UNGC).
Signatories are asked to ensure that they:
- Incorporate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into ownership policies and practices.
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which they invest.
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Work together to enhance effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Report on activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
As can be seen, implementing the PRI Principles goes beyond simply signing on to an initiative. With this in mind investors need guidance and support from a service partner which understands the complexities of ESG.
Managing and analyzing ESG information is a challenge
Firstly, there is no one-size fits all definition of good ESG investment research. Furthermore, the materiality of ESG issues varies greatly, depending on the type of investment. Collecting and managing ESG information is therefore extremely time-intensive, and the lack of consistent disclosure makes data analysis especially complex. Added to which, investors have differing investment beliefs and policies. Therefore, in keeping with Manifest’s pioneering governance information management systems, and our 20 year commitment to helping investors make informed decisions, we have developed a fully integrated range of PRI solutions. With help from Manifest, investors can more easily have their “Say on Sustainability”.
Manifest supports signatories with practical solutions to meet Principles 1,2,3 and 6 including:
- Governance and sustainability research
- ESG factors for quant analysis
- Portfolio screening and benchmarking
- Sustainability governance voting policies
- Proxy voting guidance, vote management and engagement support
- Custom PRI active ownership reporting
In summary, Manifest can help investors with a suite of thoughtful and pragmatic solutions to support the Principles of Responsible Investment. To find out how Manifest’s Say on Sustainability could meet your needs please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1375 503500 to arrange a personal presentation.
Manifest has been a PRI signatory since 2010.